Electromicrobiology is a rapidly evolving multidisciplinary research area dealing with extracellular electron transport (ETC) in various microbes. Microorganisms from different environments have evolved the capacity for extracellular electron exchange, beyond the outer membrane and even through a periplasmic continuum in multicellular bacteria like cable bacteria. This capacity allows them to exchange electrons with one another and to exploit electron acceptors and donors that are distantly located or cannot pass the cell envelope.
This Research Topic will capture recent developments in electromicrobiology with particular interest to the diversity of electron transfer mechanisms and their implications in natural ecosystems. We invite authors to contribute with papers that address questions like:
- Which types of ETC has been identified so far?
- What are the underlying mechanisms and cellular structures involved in ETC?
- What are the implications of electromicrobiology on ecosystem functioning and biogeochemical processes?
- How could electromicrobiology shape sustainable production and future biotechnologies
How we work:
- After submission, an acknowledgement with manuscript number is sent to the corresponding author within 7 working days.
- A 21 day window time frame is allotted for peer-review process wherein multiple experts are contacted.
- Author proof is generated within 7 working days after the acceptance decision.
Benefits on Publication:
Open Access: Permanent free access to your article upon publication ensures extensive global reach and readership.
Easy Article Sharing: Our open access enables you to share your article directly with colleagues through email and on social media via a single link, permitting third party reuse with appropriate citation in addition to the retention of content copyright by the author.
Global Marketing: Through promotion in a targeted global email announcement or press release, your article will be seen by thousands of the top-most thought-leaders in your field.
Reprints: Distribute your work to colleagues and at conferences as we provide hard copy color reprints of your article on order.
Allied Journal of Medical Research